Top Ad unit 728 × 90

5 Movies That Will Make You Cry

For some reason, my Dad decided to watch Titanic last night. I decided to watch the last hour of the movie with him. I had cried watching the movie previously with my younger sister, but this time, I challenged myself NOT to cry.
 
Leonardo Dicaprio was really good in The Great Gatsby. Just wanted to mention that.
Did I pass the challenge? Absolutely not. :)


Once that achingly beautiful Titanic music by James Horner kicks in, I almost lost it. My eyes wanted to transform into Niagara Falls. To stop the rush of tears, I tried looking away from the TV. I looked at the ceiling, I looked at the curtains on the side -- but to no effect. That music was still seeping through the air and into my heart

There was only one thing to do: cry a little. And I did.

5 OTHER MOVIES THAT MADE ME CRY

THE IRON GIANT

The Iron Giant and the little boy. Vin Diesel as the voice of the robot is perfect casting.
This is an incredible film. It's a simple story about a robot alien and his friendship with a little boy. It's a story of sacrifice (which always deeply resonates with me). I had to lock myself in the toilet so no one could see my face after watching this movie. It looked like I had just been violated by thugs.


THE GREEN MILE

My face was even worse than this after watching The Green Mile.
I watched this for the first time when I was about 12 years old. It was one of the first movies I watched on DVD when DVD players were first introduced. When Michael Clarke Duncan gets fried in the electric chair and the prison guards started crying, I did too -- almost uncontrollably. The amount of tears that came out almost drowned everyone in my house.


THE ORPHANAGE

Some orphans playing. Cue crying.
This Spanish ghost story is tragic. Knowing that in advance, the movie will still catch you by surprise and break your heart. I guarantee it. But the movie also deals with an orphanage -- there's something about orphaned kids that always gets me. If you can find a copy of it, please do watch it. Just remember to have some tissues by your side.


A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Haley Joel Osment and a bunch of robots.
This movie devastated me. It's incredibly sentimental, but rightly so because it's about a mother's love for her child and a child's love for his/her mother -- and that is something so powerful it will make grown men cry. Even my car cried (or was it just leaking oil?).


DEAR ZACHARY: A LETTER TO A SON ABOUT HIS FATHER

Andrew Bagby and his son.
This might just be the most moving and tragic film/documentary I have watched in my entire life. The director made the film in honor of his best friend, Andrew Bagby, who was murdered by his own psychotic wife. As the film progresses, you'll feel like Andrew Bagby is a close friend of yours. 

Halfway through the film, there's a stunning revelation that will make your jaw drop. This is a tough film to watch and I don't think I can ever watch it again, but I do know that I cried so much that my tears would've made the oceans even saltier.

You can watch the whole film on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAzioPSKm4

So what movies or books have made you cry? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter:


If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!

Tuan Ho 

5 Movies That Will Make You Cry Reviewed by Unknown on 13:12 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.