Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Author Interview - S.M. Hineline, Author of Hunting

Hi everyone! Today I've got a fantastic author interview with S.M Hineline. She's the amazing author of Hunting -- a book so wonderful that readers have begged for a sequel -- and they'll get one very soon! Discovery (Hunting Saga #2) will be released sometime this April or May. So you want some great writings tips? Need some delightful inspiration? What are you waiting for? Read on!

Hunting is available on Amazon. Just click the cover.
1. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE?
I've been reading everything I could get my hands on for as long as I can remember. When we would go on car trips as a family, my brother and I would sit in the back with a bag of books, and ignore everything happening on the outside of the car. My mom would always say stuff like, "Kids look at the mountains, aren't they beautiful?" and we'd reply (without looking up from our books), "ooooh, pretty." 

S.M. Hineline, dancing in the rain! (Editor's note: If you plan to dance in the rain, please wear appropriate footwear as it may cause life-threatening injuries. If you do happen to fall and have a near-death experience, write a book about it.)
Being such an avid reader lends itself to writing. You love the stories and the characters so much, it only makes sense to try and create your own

I used to have a drawer in my dresser that I would fill with little slips of paper. On each slip of paper I'd written a story idea that I hoped to write one day.

2. CAN WRITERS CHANGE THE WORLD?
Of course they can, even if it's just for one person and just for a little while. Books can help you escape, or let you take a break from the real world, they encourage you to be creative and think about things in different ways. 

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK AND WHY? 
Obsidian Butterfly is the ninth book in the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series of horror/mystery/erotica novels by Laurell K. Hamilton.
That's a really hard choice. There are a ton of books I've loved as an adult, and so many more I loved as a kid. I think if I had to pick one to read over and over again it would be Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton. That was the first book of hers I picked up, and it was so fantastic that I started over and read the series from start to finish.

4. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR NEW AND UP-AND-COMING WRITERS?
Don't stop writing. And don't stop putting your work out there. Find a good group of beta readers and/or people who will give you honest feedback, and listen to what they say.  

If you hear over and over that your book needs a certain thing to make it better, take that advice into consideration. Doesn't mean you have to listen to everything everyone says about your work, but if fifty people say the same thing, it might be a good idea to consider what they're suggesting.

5. IF YOUR BOOK WAS TURNED INTO A MOVIE, WHO WOULD DIRECT IT? WHO WOULD STAR IN IT?

Jennifer Lawrence, star of The Hunger Games and a Best Actress Oscar winner for Silver Linings Playbook.
I'm not sure who would direct it to be honest, but I hope they'd give me a cameo. I really like Jennifer Lawrence, who played Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, I think she'd make a fantastic Jade.

6. IF YOU WEREN'T A WRITER, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING NOW?
I'm pretty lucky, I get to be a writer and do the other thing too. My day job is working for Wikia, a company that has fan sites for every topic that anyone can edit. It's great because for my day job I get to help people share and explore what they're passionate about, and at night I get to do what I'm passionate about.

7. IF THE WORLD ENDED TOMORROW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TODAY?
I'd throw a huge party and make sure everyone I cared about was there. We'd eat and drink and tell stories late into the night, and I'd fall asleep snuggled up with my husband with a smile on my face.

Thank you S.M. Hineline. It was a real pleasure talking to you.

You can connect with S.M. Hineline via the links below:

Twitter: @Xean007
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/SMHineline

You can purchase Hunting (currently has over twenty 4 and 5-star reviews) on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070P98W4

You can find more info on the book here:
http://huntingbook.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Wiki

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @Tuan_Ho444

If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!
Author Interview - S.M. Hineline, Author of Hunting Reviewed by Unknown on 21:52 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.