Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Author Interview - Jacob Donley, Author of A Path of Justice (Chronicles of a Rock Troll)

Hi everyone! The Blogger Book Fair Febraury 2013 is now on and I'm one of 50+ authors taking part. (More info at the end of this interview) Here's an interview I conducted with Jacob Donley, author of A Path of Justice (Chronicles of a Rock Troll). He was born in Emington, Illinois in 1982, and became interested in writing and reading in junior high. He is interested in fantasy, science fiction and poetry.


1. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE?
I was inspired to write by all of the great stories I read growing up. The Lord of the Rings was the first fantasy story that I read. When it was over I wanted the story to keep going, like I know how other readers out there feel when finishing a story.
2. CAN WRITERS CHANGE THE WORLD?
Writers can change the world. Their writing can give people the hope and determination they need to accomplish great things.

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK AND WHY?

I don’t think I can give a favorite book. My favorite series is the Wheel of Time. A Memory of Light just came out in January and it's the final book in that series.



I haven’t been waiting as long as some, but seeing that story come to an end made me both happy and sad. I was glad to see how the story ended, but there won’t be any more books in that series to fill up my days.

4. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR NEW AND UP-AND-COMING WRITERS?
Write! Keep to a schedule and stick to it. Keep reading. New stories help to inspire and keep up with how the genre is changing. Also, read outside your genre. If you write fantasy, try reading some mystery or romance. You would be surprised by how much you can learn.

5.
IF YOUR BOOK WAS TURNED INTO A MOVIE, WHO WOULD DIRECT IT? WHO WOULD STAR IN IT?
I would want Peter Jackson to direct my work. I really have no idea who would be the leads for the male or female parts. Peter Jackson did an amazing job with The Lord of the Rings.

6. IF YOU WEREN'T WRITING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING NOW?
I would probably be trying to muddle my way through math classes to become a physicist. I love science. It was my passion before reading and writing.

7. IF THE WORLD WAS ENDING TOMORROW, WHAT WOULD YOU DO TODAY?
I would probably read a book and spend time with my family. I wouldn’t do anything crazy, just spend time with the people I love and do the things I love.

Thank you Jacob. It was a pleasure talking to you.

As part of the Blogger Book Fair, Jacob's book,
A Path of Justice (Chronicles of a Rock Troll) is now FREE to download on Amazon.

You can find more info on Jacob Donley's books below:

Twitter: @JacobDonley
Website: http://www.jacobdonley.com
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113699988328093872057/posts

WHAT IS THE BLOGGER BOOK FAIR?

The Blogger Book Fair is like a blog hop. It is held every six months and showcases authors and their books. Click here for more information on participating blogs, giveaways, discounts, and other events you can't find anywhere else.

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @Tuan_Ho444

If you enjoyed reading this, please subscribe to this blog in the top left hand corner.


Until next time, something wonderful awaits!
Author Interview - Jacob Donley, Author of A Path of Justice (Chronicles of a Rock Troll) Reviewed by Unknown on 23:44 Rating: 5
All Rights Reserved by Tuan Ho | The official website of author Tuan Ho © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.